neighbors bearing flowers...

Last night Andrew had choir and I was home with the kids. While he did help me get the Tasmanian Devil into bed before leaving... the house was a total mess, Molly had homework, and general chaos had pretty much taken over. After getting Molly to bed I looked around at the dishes at the sink, legos on the floor, and clothes in the laundry basket - poured myself a glass of wine and sat down for the first time in hours. With that, there was a knock on the door.

It was my neighbor, Amy. I invited her in and spent the next five minutes apologizing for my messy house (why is it I never have surprise guests when my house is clean?). She went on to tell me about all the traveling she has been doing for work and the "swanky" events she has been hosting. I love to hear all about her parties in New York, London, etc. (yes, I am living my travel dreams vicariously through my neighbor). Well last night she hosted an event in New York and she brought back a centerpiece for me! Isn't it gorgeous!!!!



This totally made my day!!!! Hooray, for great neighbors!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts