They want HOW much for wrapping paper...

Yes, I am that woman in the stores. The one who is completely shell-shocked when I realize that the wrapping paper is $4 and the card is $5. That seems like such a waste - especially since the one purpose of wrapping paper is to be ripped up and thrown away. So here was my solution this weekend...

One grocery bag, one stamp pad, and a bunch of stamps - done.
Bonus, we didn't need to buy a card!
Second bonus - Molly was thrilled that we were able to recycle something!
Third bonus - it kept Molly busy in the hour before the party
(you know, when your kids are bouncing of the wall and saying is it time yet, is it time yet?)

So hubby has the flu and is staying in bed - leaving me to deal with the kids this week. Molly has been an angel in helping keep the house clean and taking care of her brother. However, tonight she was feeling quite sarcastic and everything out of her mouth had that tone...

Finally, hearing enough - I said "Molly, I am tired of that tone". "What tone", she sarcastically whined back. "That sarcastic tone coming out of your mouth. Don't forget, I have been around a lot longer than you and I invented sarcasm!" I replied. Now what happened next - I deserved for telling my daughter that I invented sarcasm...BUT...

In her most sarcastic tone... she said... "ummm, Mom even Jesus used sarcasm."

To which I responded with the most motherly thing I could think of... "I think it's bedtime - everybody brush their teeth."

Comments

Emily Cole said…
Way to go with the wrapping paper! I have a huge roll of craft paper, and several large pads of newsprint that I use for wrapping. My kids draw on them once they're wrapped and you know what's next! One of my favorite thrifty things!

Popular Posts