A mailbox for Valentine's Day and a mom story...

Molly's teacher asked me to put together a mailbox for the kids to use on Valentine's Day. I quickly responded "sure, I live for this kind of stuff" (no, I am not kidding I actually said that - weird, I know).

So she brought me 2 wine boxes and said to do my best. I love a project with no guidelines! This is what I came up with...


All the hearts pull right off - so they can use it after the 14th for a unit on how to write letters. I was really thrilled with the way it turned out.

So here is my mom story.... (a mom story is a story a mom tells everyone about her kids that she thinks makes her kids look so cute or clever when in reality the stories bore everyone else to tears.)

So tonight I was making cookies for hubby and daughter to hand out at school when my beautiful 3-year-old came to me wanting to help. I asked him if he would like to use the cookie cutters and he said "no, I want to steamer the cookies".

I kind of looked at him funny and he got that great "I am so exasperated with my mother" look on his face and said to me (really slowly - as if that would help me to understand him) "you know Mommy, steamer the cookies?!?" This time he motioned as if he was rolling out the dough. I started laughing and said "Oh, so you want to roll out the dough" to which he quickly responded "yes, that what I say - I be the steamroller."

Comments

Jules said…
I stumbled across your blog and I am so glad I did. Your Mum story is priceless. I laughed and laughed. Aren't kids just great. I love mum strories probably because I have 4 children and so have many to tell. I usually bore my sister with them.................lol. Your mail box looks great. Well done
Thanks Jules. Your comments really made me smile. It is nice to know you are enjoying the blog!

Popular Posts