Snow day...

My 7 year old went to bed last night with her pajamas inside out and a spoon under her pillow...

Why you ask?

To guarantee that today would be a snow day. This tradition has been around since hubby and I were kids. I wonder if people all over do this - or is this a Connecticut/New England thing?

I had to work, but hubby and the kids stayed home and played. Once I got home - we all went outside to play until we were so cold that we couldn't feel our toes...

(I love the faces on the kids... what you don't see is hubby throwing snow at them from the side.)


then it was time for hot chocolate and marshmallows...

No, these kids don't look tired at all...

Comments

Jules said…
Oh My Gosh.
How do you put up with the snow. I guess I just can't imagine having to live with snow as I have never had to. Your children obviously love it. They are so cute. Their rosey cheeks are gorgeous.

Jules
Being completely honest - I don't really like snow... BUT MY KIDS LOVE IT! (I used to when I was a kid, but once I grew up and had to drive in it - I learned to despise snow).

Thanks for the kind words about the kids (I happen to think they are pretty cute too!)

Desprately awaiting spring (as you await your autumn),
Amy

Popular Posts