Farewell '07, thank goodness '08 is almost here...

It has been a trying year (and that would be a grand understatement). Starting tomorrow, the first day of the new year and the first day of the rest of my life (now tell me that isn't a cliche)...

I call a do-over!!!!

Remember, from when we were kids - when something wasn't working out like we had thought we just cried do-over and that was that. Well, here I am on the verge of the new year yelling "DO-OVER".

I want a second chance to be better. Forget resolutions - I would have no idea where to start. I just want to spend the next year of my life - enjoying my life.

Stop looking to get to the finish line and enjoy the race.

The kids are growing up too fast and I should be playing Old Maid and not washing dishes. I need to reconnect with those who mean the most. I need to stop worrying about things and realize that even if I woke up tomorrow and realized that all my material possessions were gone and that all that was left was my family standing on the sidewalk - that is more than I could ever ask for in life.

So forgive the mushiness of this post and see it for what it is... a do-over.

Comments

Ms. R. J. said…
I agree with you...I didn't make a new year resolution either!!

Popular Posts