water...

Today seem to revolve around water...

Water, part 1...
Matthew has been beging for a water table ("like the one at daycare Mommy - please, oh please, oh please!!!!"). Today we caved and bought him one... just like at daycare. However, by the time we got to the store after work, bought it, had dinner, and got home... it was too cold and too late to play with it outside.

Poor Matt... he was devestated by this news. All he wanted to do was play with his new water table and he didn't care if he would catch pneumonia while doing so. What was a Mom and Dad to do? We set it up in the kitchen. of course!

Even Molly couldn't resist the temptation of playing with a "little, silly preschooler toy" (her words) and joined her brother in the fun. Although she made me promise not to show these pictures to any of her friends (so don't tell anyone you saw them - okay?)

Water, part 2...
I know I have told you all about the potential grass in the backyard (and my obsession with it). Well, I harass my husband (Andrew) everyday "did you water the grass?" This morning he turned on the water for the sprinkler and got ready for work. We had all overslept (due to being out so late in Boston the night before) and we rushed out the door to school/daycare/work. About 11:30am, I got a phone call from Andrew...

"Guess where I am?" I was totally thinking nurses office at my daughter's school and he said "nope, I am on the way home to turn off the sprinklers." Oops! We left them on for 4.5 hours. Not at all in line with our current efforts to reuse, reduce, recycle...

But, tonight - my potential grass looked great!

Comments

Popular Posts