Grandma's Cookies

Tonight, I made the dough for my Grandmother's cookies. My mother and I keep the family tradition alive by making these cookies every Christmas. I thought it would be nice to surprise her with them on Thanksgiving. Plus, I think it is therapeutic to work the dough with my hands.

Here are the ingredients for the dough...

1 lb. butter

1 lb. flour (1/4 cups)

3 egg yolks

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 pint sour cream


Rub butter, flour, and salt between hands on a large floured board until well mixed and crumbly. Make a well in the center of the flour and butter mixture and add egg yolks and sour cream. Work with your hands into a nice smooth mass (a round ball of dough). Chill overnight.

Roll out onto a floured board; cut into small squares; fill with canned pie filings (I use Solo brand). Roll into crescents; brush tops with beaten egg; and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 8 to 10 minutes (or until slightly browned). Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.

I will post pictures tomorrow night after baking...yummy.

Comments

Popular Posts