Mother's Day...

It was a lovely Mother's Day.  Andrew and the kids spoiled me with jewelry, funny cards, and a SPIDER CATCHER!  LOL!!!  I loved it! 

Here is this year's crop of gifts that the kids made their Grandmas...

Matt - I asked him to draw me a pretty picture for Grandma. 

He drew a girl walking through a field of flowers with a scarecrow.  I was supposed to know he was a scarecrow because or the crows in the air and the fact Matt drew an arrow and three lines (I thought it was a Freddy Kruger reference) but it was the wind blowing straw out of his shirt. 

I took the picture to Kinkos.  They were able to scan the picture, resize it, print it, and glue into pads.  Adorable!  I added a magnetic strip to the back so his Grandmas can hang them on the fridge.

The only regret I have is not having Matthew sign his work (oops).  I did put a sticker on the back of the pad with Matt's name and date. 

I was so pleased with these, that when I went to look at the proof - I had them make an extra one for me!  :)

Molly - I wanted to give her a project that was easy enough for her to feel successful, but let her have total design control.  Both Grandmas like to hang flower wreaths on their front doors, so it seemed like a good choice. 

At Michaels we picked up 14" wreaths and lovely red, yellow, and orange daisies (Molly's favorite colors) that were on sale. A little hot glue and we were off!

Molly did a great job of putting together two very different, but beautiful wreaths.

Comments

Popular Posts