it's all over...


The Music Man has been a fun ride. There have been MANY ups and downs over the past 8 months as we talked about/worked on/performed The Music Man and in many ways I am as happy to see it go as I am sad.

The time has come for me to take a step back again and spend time with my family, but I miss working with the incredibly talented and special people who have been working tirelessly to make the show happen.

It goes without saying that I cried many times closing night. The cast bought me (and the producer and stage manager) a charm bracelet for us with a goat (Sound of Music) and a coronet (The Music Man). They then pointed out that there was room to fill the bracelets with many more shows together - we just may take them up on that. The things they said about us were so very nice - it was really overwhelming.

Then we had to say goodbye to a dear, dear friend - he says he may be back next summer to be in the show - I am having a hard time imagining this show without him. He has been the best Music Director anyone could ask for and (more importantly) he always remained neutral whenever Mo and I were not seeing eye-to-eye.

The notes and letters I received tonight from cast and crew members reminded me why I turn my life upside down for months... because, although I often get caught up in how the show affects me and my life, it is way bigger than that. This very young theater group is affecting people's lives in many different ways... it could be introducing them to a new church that is radically welcoming, helping someone remember who they really are, whole families working towards a goal together (including teenagers), or just showing someone they may have a hidden talent.

Thanks to the cast and crew. Thanks for the memories and the reminder that there is a ripple effect to everything we do. Goodnight, my someone...

Comments

Popular Posts