sad day...

My cat Cleo died today. It was a rough morning. Not only did I lose my kitty of 17 years, the kids took it hard.

Molly cried a little, but kept it together pretty well. Matt on the other hand...

let me just preface this next comment with the fact that Matt really didn't like Cleo. If Cleo was in the room he would cry until one of us picked Cleo up and took her away from Matt. He drove us crazy with the constant - where is Cleo now? questions... anyways...

When we told Matt that Cleo was gone he began to sob - LOUDLY! He was inconsolable. Finally, I said to Matt: "But, I thought you didn't like Cleo?" To which he responded (without missing a beat - but between the tears and sobs) "Just because you hate someone, it doesn't mean you don't love them!"

This kid is wise beyond his years.

Comments

Linda said…
:(
Very sorry for your loss!!!
Matt has it right - very astute!
(((big huge hugs 2 all of you!!)))
Linda

Popular Posts