Halloween Decoration: Sanderson Sisters Brewing Company Sign - Reverse Canvas Vinyl Iron-on Cricut Project


I have been looking at these online for a while now and decided today was the day! (Yes, I know that sounds dramatic - but seriously, that is how I do most things in my life.)

Here are the images that served as my inspiration today...

Inspiration Pieces
Because I am trying to really learn how to use Illustrator effectively, I thought this would be an easy project to tackle. After rewatching the how to build a logo training, I was able to create this...

I liked it!

Then I was trying to figure out the best way to use it and (thanks to Pinterest) found so many people with reverse canvas posts and I knew I had a canvas that has been sitting in my closet ready for a project. 




I forgot to take pictures of the canvas deconstruction, but here is what it looked like while I was painting it..




The fork was there because I am impatient and wanted to hold the frame in place while I painted it. I didn't want to wait for it to dry. LOL!

I had some black glitter iron-on vinyl left and printed it...


I have to say - I HATE WEEDING! It took forever, I am sure I did it the worst way possible, I do not have the patience with these tiny letters (and you will see why in the final project), Next time I am using BIG, THICK letters!

BUT, I did it. and then I was ready to press it on the canvas. Like I said, the canvas was in my closet so it was dirty - however, the other side was a nice off-white color and not as dirty... so I used that!

Ironing away!


Yay! It worked! Although the "A" in Salem went wonky, oh well! I don't care - it adds to the charm (yeah, that's the ticket). I didn't have a working stapler, so I glued it back to the frame. I love it, it is so dang cute.


Here is to the first of many Halloween decorations! 






Comments

Popular Posts