last day of school break...

Today was the saddest day of the year - so far... 

The very last day of winter break and the sad realization that school starts in the morning.  The kids took the news well.  Especially since I was able to sneak in one more playdate for both of them.  So our Christmas break ended with little girls singing karaoke at the top of their lungs and little boys building LEGO with great glee.  A perfect Sunday afternoon! 

All traces of Christmas have been removed from our house (with the exception of a single creche - hey, those kings need somewhere to go) and I am really looking forward to getting back into the daily routine.  It never ceases to amaze me how big and uncluttered the house feels after the tree is gone.  I just wish that feeling lasted for more than a couple of days. 

I get one more day off before I have to return to work Tuesday... looking forward to a day of getting life back into order - grocery shopping, bank, house cleaning, etc. 

Comments

Popular Posts